In this Madden School free tip, we are going over Slot Corner out of the Singleback Tight Flex formation in Madden 16. The video breaks the play down against all of the common zone defenses as well as man to man defense.
Make sure to check out end of the video which shows the play in online games.
Playbook: Chicago Bears
Formation: Singleback Tight Flex
Play: Slot Corner
- Left outside receiver: fastest, tallest, and best catching.
- Left slot receiver 2nd: fast and great route running.
- Right slot receiver: possession receiver good speed and catching.
- Put your left outside receiver on a streak route.
- (Optional Put your running back on a wheel route to the side of the receiver on the streak route.
- Your slot receiver on the corner route gets open against most defenses but sometimes he will be covered
- Against a lot of cover 3 defenses, the left outside receiver on the streak route will get open
- Your receiver on the drag route is a good bail out option
Overview: Mix this play in with the screen pass, dive and draw play from this formation to keep your opponent off balance.
The screenshots below are against a cover 3 press defense.
This is how we should be lined up right before the ball is snapped.
In this screenshot you can see that we have our receiver underneath and we can also probably hit our tight end over the middle.
The free safety gets sucked up to try to cover our tight end on the post route leaving our wide receiver open behind him.
We air it out and our receiver catches it for a touchdown. Keep in mind this particular receiver will only be open against some cover 3 defenses.
If you are enjoying our free Madden 16 tips, make sure to check out our available ebooks.
- Madden 16 New England Offense eBook
- Madden 16 Advanced Defense eBook
- Madden 16 Offensive Domination eBook
Or get all of our Madden 16 eBooks with Madden School Unlimited.