Cover 3 defense is the most common zone coverage in Madden 16. You should have a few ways to beat it every time you see it. Today’s free Madden 16 tip goes over how to get 20+ yards against cover 3.
You can check it out below.
Playbook: Atlanta Falcons
Formation: Gun Split Offset
Play: PA Falcons Shot
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a streak
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a drag
- Motion your A/X receiver to the left
- Against any sort of zone coverage your A/X receiver is usually wide open.
- Against man to man defense or if your A/X receiver is covered, look underneath to the drag route
Overview: We have 7 guys blocking on this play so we should have a lot of time to throw the ball. Your A/X receiver is your primary read on this play and will be open for 30+ yards against zone defenses.
Let’s take a look at the screenshots.
This is how the play should look right before we snap the ball. Notice how we motioned the slot receiver over to the left.
Here it looks as if our slot receiver is covered so we will have to wait a little before we throw it.
Right when the cornerback starts to break down to cover our running back in the flat, that is when we throw the pass.
Our receiver catches the ball for a big gain.
If you are enjoying our free tips, consider becoming a Madden School Unlimited member.