You can never have enough plays to beat man to man defense in Madden 16. In this tutorial, we are going over a play from the Singleback Snugs Flip formation in the New Orleans Saints playbook.
The full breakdown can be found below.
Formation: Singleback Snugs Flip
Play: HB Wheel
- Hot route your B/Circle receiver to a streak route and motion him to the left
- Your first read is your Y/triangle receiver on the corner route
- Your other read is the X/square receiver on the post route
Overview: This play torches man to man coverage in Madden 16. It will work against zone as well but you will need to make different reads. If you see a blitz, get the ball out quickly because you only have 5 guys blocking.
Here are a few screenshots going over what to look for.
This is how the play should look before you snap the ball. You can tell by the safety positioning that it is likely either a cover 2 or cover 2 man defense.
You can already see that both the wide receiver running the corner route and the wide receiver running the post route will get open.
You can see the separation we have created with our receiver on the post route.
You can also see how open our receiver running the corner route is as well.
We decide to throw it to the wide receiver on the corner route. He makes the catch and has room to run. The play ends in a touchdown.
More Free Madden 16 Offense Tips
- Madden 16: Singleback Ace – HB Off Tackle
- Madden 16: Strong Y-Flex – Fork Angle
- Madden 16: Pistol Ace -Strong Power
- Madden 16: Gun Flip Trips Eagle – Eagles Verticals
- Madden 16: Singleback Trio – Slot Chase
Make sure to check out our Madden 16 eBooks. This year we have a new option called Madden School Unlimited where you get access to every eBook we release for Madden 16.