In today’s free Madden 23 tip, we are going over a play with some of the most basic reads in Madden 23. You should get at least 2 receivers open on every play.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: Seattle Seahawks
Formation: Gun Deuce Close
Play: Seahawks Switch
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a streak route and motion him to the left
- (Optional) Hot route the running back to an out route to the right
- Your first read is always between the Y/triangle tight end and the B/circle receiver. At least one of them will always be open
- Then look to the running back and/or tight end on the right
Overview: This play beats every coverage in the game if you do it right. It is a really nice play to add to your scheme. It won’t get you 1 play touchdowns but it will consistently move the ball.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look right before we snap it.
Once our primary reads make their cuts, you can see they both have a lot of open room. Depending on which guy our opponent user defends, just hit the other.
In this case, we choose to hit the B/circle receiver on the post route for about a 30 yard gain.
Check out more of our free Madden 23 tips:
- Gun Doubles – PA Read
- 3-4 Odd – Tampa 2
- Singleback Doubles South – PA Corner Stop
- Strong Close – PA Deep
Or if you really want to take your game to the next level, become a Madden School Unlimited subscriber. You’ll get instant access to all our Madden 23 ebooks, film rooms, coverage beaters, tools, and more more!