We’ve spent a lot of time so far covering money plays that beat man to man coverages in Madden 23, especially blitzes. Eventually after you beat the blitz and man coverage enough times your opponent may try to play zone defense instead.
When that happens, a play like the one we are going over today will get you huge yards.
We have 2 setups from the same play in the video below!
Playbooks: Minnesota Vikings and Los Angeles Rams
Formation: Singleback Doubles South
Play: PA Corner Stop
Setup #1 (right hash mark):
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a streak route
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a comeback route
- (Optional) Smart route your Y/triangle receiver
Setup #2 (left hash mark):
- Hot route your Y/triangle receiver to a streak or a fade route
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a slant route or an in route
- In setup #1, your primary option is your Y/triangle receiver on the post route against cover 3 and cover 4 defenses. Lead pass to the sideline
- In setup #2, your primary option is the X/square receiver on the corner stop route against any zone defense in the game. Throw it before he turns around.
- Your running back is an excellent option as a check down if you are under pressure
Overview: This is a play you will want to call if your opponent starts calling max coverages. A lot of people still like to send man to man blitzes. However, with many of the tips we’ve already covered you should easily beat the blitzes and then he might try max zone coverage.
Final play art for setup #1 (right hash mark):
Final play art for setup #2 (left hash mark):
If you are still struggling with beating man to man blitzes, check out some of our earlier tips and guides:
There is another cover 3 beater that I run out of this same play and it makes the user pick! It’s the right hash setup…. So your same setup but watch the left receiver the corner stops dropping back and you can pass lead up and to the left