Madden School pro, Mazin, is back for Madden 19 and in his first tip he is going over how to beat the increasingly popular Cover 1 defense.
We went over a different way to beat cover 0 and cover 1 in Madden 19 in an earlier tip but once you include this one in your scheme, you will be able to destroy any man coverage.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: New Orleans Saints
Formation: Gun Tight Offset
Play: PA Shot Seams
- Put your tight end on a fade route
- Put the B/circle receiver on a slant route, motion him out to the right and hike before he sets
- Your primary read against cover 1 or cover 0 defenses is the Y/triangle receiver deep
- Against man to man coverage, you can also look to the X/square receiver
- The B/circle receiver is a good check down option.
Overview: This play absolutely torches man coverage. We have our main route which will be this deep bomb to the slot receiver, then we also have other options as well with the motion slant and the out route. Also, as I mentioned at the end of the video you have the option to double drag the outside WRs for a different look.
Let’s dive into this play in a little more detail.
This is how the play art should look right before you snap the ball. Remember to motion your B/circle receiver out toward the sideline.
You can see the separation our receiver get’s right on his break.
When we catch the ball, we have a solid 2-3 steps on the nearest defender (when our opponent is in cover o or cover 1).
More Free Madden 19 Tips and Money Plays:
- Madden 19 Man Coverage Beater
- How To Destroy Cover 3 Defenses in Madden 19
- Madden School Unlimited Free Preview