In today’s free Madden 16 tip, we are going over a money play that you can use to beat both man to man and zone coverages in Madden 16. It is found in the Indianapolis Colts playbook and the play is called WR Corner.
You can check out how to run it below.
Playbook: Indianapolis Colts
Formation: Gun Split Close
Play: WR Corner
- Put the X/square receiver on a drag route.
- The first read is the B/circle receiver on the corner route.
- Next, the X/square receiver on a drag route.
- Lastly, the tight end out of the backfield to the flats.
Overview: This play is effective against zone, because the A/X route is angled and makes the safeties commit to him. The tight end out of the backfield and the drag across the middle, brings all the zones up. This leaves the B/circle receiver wide open to the corner for a big gain. If they user this just simply check it down to the drag route or tight end.
Let’s take a look at this play in more detail.
This is how the play should look right before we snap the ball.
You can see in this screenshot that our wide receiver on the drag route is open, but this time we are going to wait for the corner route.
You can see the separation our wide receiver gets.
We make the catch and are able to walk in for a touchdown.
We are able to continue providing free tips because of support from members just like you. You can purchase or find out more information about any of our Madden 16 eBooks below.
- Madden School Unlimited (All our ebooks for the entire year)
- Madden 16 Offensive Domination eBook
- Madden 16 Defensive Lockdown eBook