The cover 2 defense has been a favorite of madden gamers for years and it will be no different in madden 12. In this breakdown we will go over a concept that tears apart the cover 2 defense for easy 30 yard gains. Lets get right into the setup.
Playbook: Oakland Raiders
Formation: Gun Trey Open
Play: PA Slot Under
- Hot route your tight end to a streak
- Hot route your running back to block
- Hot route your square/X receiver to a slant in
- Motion your circle/B receiver to the left and snap the ball right after he takes 2 steps (See video for timing)
- Your primary read is your circle/B receiver running the streak. Wait a few seconds and let it fly. (Optional: precision pass to the right)
- Look to your other square/B receiver on the slant
- Look to your triangle/Y receiver on the short in route
Overview: This play is effective because we overload 1 safety with 2 receivers. Usually the corner in the light blue zone jams the circle/B receiver which makes it easier on the defense. We are able to get around this by motioning our circle/B receiver which gets him down the field untouched. If you misread the defense for some reason, the slant route and the short in route beat most zones and man coverages for 5-10 yard gains.