The controller layout in Madden 20, especially on defense, is different than it has been for the last 10 years of Madden.
Luckily it is only a minor re-work but it can feel like a major pain if you don’t know what you are doing.
Honestly, it will take a little while to get used to and it will likely frustrate people for the first few weeks but hopefully at that point, people are used to it and no one will even remember.
In the video below, we are going over the major changes to the controller in Madden 20.
Here are the highlights.
- RB/R1 no longer controls your linebackers. It is now right on the D-pad to bring up linebacker adjustments like shifting or pinching.
- LB/L1 no longer controls your defensive line. It is now left on the D-pad to bring up defensive line adjustments.
- RT/R2 no longer always brings up play art. It can sometimes but it is now LT/L2 + up on the right stick.
- LB/L1 this year brings up what LT/L2 used to bring up. Where you can run commit, QB contain, etc.
- Run fits are nowhere to be found at this point.
What are your thoughts on the change? Let us know in the comments section below.