In this free Madden 20 offensive tip, we are going over a really easy play that beats every zone defense in the game.
We chose this play because of it’s simplicity to call (only 1 required hot route) and the fact that you don’t really need to make reads other than to be aware of where your opponent’s user defender is.
Let’s dive right into the video!
Playbook: Tennessee Titans & Green Bay Packers
Formation: I Form Slot
Play: PA Switch Curl
- Put your B/circle receiver on a streak route
- (Optional) Cancel the play action
- (Optional) Put your tight end on whatever route you’d like
- The beauty of this play is you have the B/circle receiver getting open against any zone defense
- If he is covered, look to your fullback in the flat
Overview: This is a great play to call when you need 15-20 yards in a critical spot but if your opponent knows it is coming, it will be easy for him to sit on the X/square receiver and user pick your pass. So only call this play once or twice a game.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the play art should look before you snap the ball. Notice we put B/circle on a hot route to a streak.
Just let the play develop and then you’ll have a pretty clear angle to throw the ball to your X/square receiver on the curl.
Make the catch and turn it up the field for a few extra yards.