In our last 2 Madden 19 tips, we went over different setups to the PA Y Shot play from the Gun Split Close Pats formation. If you missed those, you can check out Mazin’s version here or Stickwork’s version here.
Today we are going over a 3rd and final way of running this play. This works great when your opponent comes out in a single high safety look.
Check it out below.
Playbook: New England Patriots
Formation: Gun Split Close Pats
Play: PA Y Shot (Version 3)
- Put your B/circle receiver on a hitch route
- Motion your tight end to the right
- (Optional) Put your running backs on shallow hot routes
- The main read on this play is against a cover 3 defense, we are looking to the X/square receiver (lead pass up)
- If he is covered, throw to the hitch route or playmaker him to an open spot and then throw it.
Overview: This play creatively beats cover 3 defenses deep. Anytime you see a single high safety look, call this version of the play.
If you want to keep building on the New England Patriots Offensive Playbook, join Madden School Unlimited today and get instant access to our New England Offensive eBook, Arizona Offensive eBook, Detroit Defensive eBook, and lots more throughout the year!