Tomorrow we will be going over a 3rd way to run the play so you will have a full understanding of all of the different options this play gives you!
Playbook: New England Patriots
Formation: Gun Split Close Pats
Play: PA Y Shot (Version 2)
- Put the Y/Triangle running back on an out to the left
- Put the B/O receiver on a drag route
- Motion the B/O receiver to the left side of the screen
- The first read on this play is the Y/Triangle running back out of the backfield
- Then look for the B/O receiver on his drag route
- If that is not there look for the A/X tight end on the over route
- Finally, find the X/Square receiver on his over route to the right side of the field
Overview: This setup for this play is very effective because you have a high and low read on both sides of the field. If the defense plays underneath coverage you hit one of the deeper routes. If the defense is playing back then you throw it to the underneath routes.