In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over a play that gets at least 2 guys open against any common coverage in Madden 18. This is useful because even if our opponent manually takes away one option with his user player, we should still have 1 guy open.
You can check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Atlanta Falcons
Formation: Singleback Doubles Y Open
Play: PA Slot Crosses
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a smoke screen
- Hot route your A/X receiver to a streak route
- Your first look is your Y/triangle receiver as he crosses the middle of the field
- If he is covered, look to your X/square receiver deeper over the middle
- Your B/circle receiver is your checkdown option and will be open for 4-6 yards against any zone defense that doesn’t have hard flats
Overview: Mix this play up with the HB Stretch and HB Dive play from this formation for best results.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look before you snap the ball.
Notice the linebacker on the right side of the field has to make a difficult decision on which guy to defend. He gets stuck between our 2 open receivers.
We make the catch for a gain of a little over 20 yards.
For instant access to our best Madden 18 content, check out Madden School Unlimited!