In this Madden School tip, Stickwork is going over a play he uses that gets multiple people open against every defensive coverage in Madden 18.
You can check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Seattle Seahawks
Formation: Gun Ace Slot Offset
Play: Post Wheel Shallow
- Put the A/X tight end on a streak route
- Put the Y/Triangle tight end on an out to the left
- Put the running back on a curl route
- The first read is the running back on a curl route
- Then look for the Y/Triangle tight end quick
- Next you should progress to the wheel route by the B/O receiver
- If that is not there look for the X/Square receiver over the middle
- Finally, if all else fails look for the A/X tight end on the streak
Overview: This play usually results in huge yardage against Cover 3 and Cover 2 style defenses. It also has short quick passes that will give your opponent a headache. It makes it extremely difficult to account for all the different routes.
Let’s take a look at how this play works.
This is how the play art should look directly before we snap the ball.
You can see against a cover 3 defense our Y/triangle tight end on the quick out route is open right away.
But we also have our B/circle receiver open deeper along the sideline for about a 20 yard gain.