Scoring when you get inside the other team’s 20 yard line is essential for you to win in Madden 16. In this Madden 16 tip, we are going over a good passing play that is effective even when you get into the red zone.
The full breakdown is below.
Playbook: New Orleans Saints
Formation: Pistol Bunch TE
Play: Fk Screen
- Put the outside receiver on a curl route.
- Put the tight end on a slant or a drag route.
- (Optional) Put the RB in a swing route or a wheel route
- Your main read against zone coverage is your receiver on the curl route
- You can always look to your tight end or the receiver on the trail route as well
Overview: This is a great play for the red zone in Madden 16! Mix the counter and strong power runs in this formation in with this play and you’ll have a nice scheme.
This is how the play should look before we snap the ball.
Right away we can see that our primary read looks to be covered.
If we wait a second longer, usually our 2 receivers will clear out any defenders in zone defenses leaving our primary receiver open.
We bullet the pass in there and we make the catch before the defense has time to react.