In this Madden School tip, we are going over a play that we use that usually gets 3 to 4 receivers open against man to man defense in Madden 16.
We’ll take a look at it in more detail below. If you want more tips like these and access to every eBook we release for Madden 16 (7 so far), consider becoming a Madden School Unlimited member.
Playbook: Miami Dolphins
Formation: Gun Split Dolphin
- Hot route your B/circle receiver to a drag route
- Motion your tight end (in the backfield) to the left
- Against man to man defense, your X/square receiver on the route that looks kind of like a slant will be open
- You can also look to your running back in the flat who will usually be open as well
- Then look to the slot receiver running the corner route or your B/circle receiver on the drag route
Overview: This play usually has 3 or 4 different receivers who will get open against man to man defense. Against zones, you still have a few good options but the way we went over this play, it is designed to beat man to man defense in Madden 16.
Let’s go through how everything works in this play.
Here is how the play should look right before we snap the ball. Notice the tight end is motioned out to the left.
You can see right away that we are going to have 4 guys come open on this play. You just have to choose which one you want to throw to.
We fire the ball into our receiver on the slant/post route and the play results in about a 20 yard gain.
Here are some helpful links that will help you continue your journey to become a dominant Madden 16 gamer.