Scoring when you get near the goal line is tough in Madden 16. In this free Madden School tip, we are going over a good running play that will help you score in the red zone.
You can check out the setup below.
Madden 16 Goalline Strong Toss
Formation: Goal line
Play: Strong Toss and HB Sting
- Put your 2 best blocking TE’s at TE1 and TE2.
- Put your best blocking backup OT at TE3 (the wing TE).
Version 1 Setup:
- Motion the inside TE on the playside out wide
Version 2 Setup:
- Motion the FB to the playside and wait for him to stop and get set, or hike the ball as soon as he gets to his stopping position
- Count the number of defenders on each side and usually I will run to the side with less players on it.
Summary: Goalline Strong Toss is a great play for short yardage downs and goalline / go-for-2 situations. Use this play to force the opponent to start moving defenders and anticipating the toss, then hit them inside with the HB Sting run or Power-O or run the toss to the other side of the field for a big gain.
Great scheme that I definitely plan to use. Only problem is I was trying to set these plays as my audibles in my goaline package. There is no goaline package when editing your playbook. 2rb 3 TE right? Didn’t see that package in the plays