In a new trailer, Madden NFL 15 creative director Rex Dickson goes over a few of the new changes we will see in Madden 15. The video focuses mostly on improvements to the secondary.
Some of the notable highlights include:
- Smarter decisions on whether to go for a swat, interception, or tackle
- Zone coverage ratings now make a much bigger impact on how quickly a defender breaks on a pass
- Improvements to flat (light blue) zones
- Increases in press and chuck interactions between defensive backs and wide receivers
- Improved pursuit and tackling abilities
- Man coverage ratings now effect how much separation receivers get on their routes
- Disguised defense. Show one coverage and shift to another when the ball is snapped
EA Sports has also released a few screenshots to go along with the trailer that shows off some of the improvements made to defense in Madden NFL 15.
The screenshots can be found below. Click the image to enlarge it.