Running a spread scheme, or a scheme that revolves around 4 WR’s and 1 RB can be done in Madden 15, it just takes some knowledge and time to run it correctly.
In this video, I’ll show you how to approach creating a team or playbook that can best utilize a RnS scheme. I’ll show you some man beaters, cover 2 beaters, cover 3 beaters, and a great universal run play that’s in most playbooks!
Playbook: Run N’ Shoot (is what I’m using in this video)
– 4 WR’s, at least 1 with 90+ route running and at least 2 with 93+ speed (to play the slot)
– To piggback on the above, you want atleast 1 “stud” WR who can do it all, then 2 speedy guys and then your next best.
– Mobile QB (recommended but not required)
– QB who has good accuracy medium and deep
– RB with high carry rating (nothing else matters in this scheme)
– OL that has a good LT and RG in terms of pass blocking (pass blocking > run blocking for this scheme)
For each formation, you want:
– A play to beat Cover 2 (Smash concept, seam routes down the middle, Corner routes)
– A play to beat Cover 3 (Seam hitch, “C” Routes, Flood concepts, Slants)
– A WR screen
– A run play to beat spread formations (HB Quick Base is a GREAT play that’s very universal)
– Man Coverage beater
Was there an issue with all WR screens out of this formation or just the (scarce) one that you labbed from the default RNS playbook?
Does this offense use tight ends?