In today’s Madden 24 tip, we are going over a really easy way to beat any cover 2 defense for a 1 play touchdown.
This play also works well against man to man defenses with press coverage as well and we have a good read against cover 3 and cover 4 defenses.
Let’s dive in!
Playbook: Baltimore Ravens
Formation: Gun Bunch Open Offset
- Make sure you are on the right hash mark
- (Optional) Hot route the A/X receiver to a streak route
- (Optional) Hot route the X/square receiver to a whip route
- Your primary read on this play is the B/circle receiver deep. Lead pass to the sidelines.
- If he is covered, and the defense is in zone defense look to your RB/R1 tight end in the flat
- If he is covered, and it is man defense look to your X/square receiver on the whip route
Overview: This play usually results in a touchdown against any sort of cover 2 zone defense, or man to man defense with press coverage. It can help to have a fast receiver in the B/circle spot.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the play setup should look right before you snap the ball.
You’ll want to throw the pass right as the B/circle receiver gets beyond the cornerback in the cloud flat zone. Lead pass up and to the sideline.
The safety in the deep half zone isn’t able to get to the sideline fast enough and usually takes a bad angle on the pass.
We are able to walk into the endzone for an easy touchdown.
Want more of our best Madden 24 tips and guides? Join Madden School Unlimited today!