Formation: Singleback Y Trips
Play: WR Post
- In route the B/Circle WR(leave him vs a cover 2 and you can hit the post between the safeties)
- Drag to the TE right away
- Wait on the drag and then high low between the drag and C route
- RB/R1 across the field on the over
- Checkdown to the backside in route
The reason I love this formation is because of what it allows you to do by manipulating your opponents cloud flats. If there is a cloud flat on the left side of the field, it will automatically man up to the left side WR. This will in turn allow the c route to work every time because it is a man beating route. We also have 3 routes over the middle at different times that will create a nice levels sort of play.
Play: PA boot Rt
- In route RB/R1
- Whip route right away in the flats if your opponent does not have a hard flat
- The in route over the middle to RB/R1
- The deep over route to X/Square
As shown from multiple other plays throughout this eBook, the deep over route is extremely tough to guard from any formation. This one in particular gets across the field in a hurry but wil still get underneath any deep zone whether it is a cover 2, 3, or 4. It is also a man beating route so it is an extremely tough play to stop.
Play: HB Stretch
- Slide protect to the stretch side
- ID the mike on the inside linebacker to the stretch side
- *Optional* playmaker run to the other side and motion over RB/R1
This run gives you a few different options from it. You can run it as is, using the ID the mike and slide protection to hopefully set you up for a big run off the right edge. You can playmaker the run to the left, motion the wr across and run it to the left side. You can also make it look like you are running it to the left side with the same motion, but in turn still run it to the right side.
Play: Pump HB Draw
This is a great mix in play to combine with the HB Stretch. As I said in other formations, I am a huge fan of HB draws in undercenter formations. The timing is slow and allows you to read the defense before you even get the ball, so once you do you can get to your hole and go. It is also a great mix in because it fakes the pass to the bubble screen, which is the last play I break down.
Play: Bubble Screen
The bubble screen in madden 18 is an extremely effective route vs all coverages. As shown in the video, there are very few ways that you can stop this bubble screen without usering it. If you notice your opponent is usering the bubble screen and playing that far out wide, then it puts them out of position vs every other play that we run from this formation. The bubble screen is a great play but should be saved for short yardage situations.