Formation: Gun Trips TE
Play: Drive Post
- Out route the HB
- Quick out route to the HB if no hard flat
- Corner route to the tight end if the out route sucks down the flat zone
- High low between the post and the drag to the Y/Triangle WR
- The outside drag late
This is a great play because it attacks the levels of the defense in two areas of the field, the right side and the middle. Our first read will be to the right where we have a high low between our corner and out route. If that is locked up, switch your eyes to the middle of the field where we have the post and the drag as a high low.
Play: PA Shot Wheel
- Fade the tight end
- Put the B/Circle route on a hitch route
- Quick throw down the seam to the Tight End
- Playmaker the hitch to B/Circle; if no hard flat zones playmaker to the sideline, if there is a hard flat playmaker him inside across the field
- The Y/Triangle route open early or late toward the sideline
- The deep post to X/Square between a cover 2 or beneath the zone
I love this play because I love how you can attack the defense differently with just that playmaker hitch route. You can choose where to attack the defense post-snap which is a very useful tool. This play also has a deep over route that has to be user guarded, and a deep post.
Play: PA Counter Go
- Fade or Streak X/square
- Speed out to the tight End
- The over route to B/Circle, you can lob it to the sideline vs cover 1
- Speed out to the Middle WR on the left side of the field
Overview: All plays in the eBook from this formation will beat man, but this play is specifically meant to kill man from 3 different receivers. If your opponent is in man they will not be able to stop all 3 routes on this play. The speed outs are man killers regardless of who is guarding them, and then the over route will also consistently get 3+ steps of separation.
Play: PA Slot Corner
- Streak X/Square
- Hitch route Y/Triangle
- Streak the Tight End
- Quick throw to the TE down the seam
- Read the flat zone and what type it is. Hard flat=throw the corner, cloud flat or purple zone=throw the hitch
Overview: All our plays from Trips TE attack the middle of the field or attack the right side of the field, so we need a play like PA Slot corner to attack the left side of the field as well. We have the hitch in place of a flat route or out route just to give us the option to playmaker him across the field, but what we really want to read is if someone is hugging the hitch route, throw the corner, and if someone is backed off of the hitch route just throw it and get up the field.
Play: 45 Quick Base
- ID the mike on the middle defender to the left side
I love the HB base in this game, and any run play in the game is deadly when running it to the trips side if your opponent does not have the correct amount of people on that side of the field. We have 6 blockers on the left side of the field, and if your opponent does not have an adequate amount of defenders on that side then you will be able to run this play until they choose to adjust to it and sent more defenders over to that side.