Cover 3 is the most common zone defense in Madden 15. It will likely be the same way in Madden NFL 16 since people seem to use either that or Cover 2 Man most of the game.
That is why Protege Saints is going over a simple play you can add into your scheme when you know your opponent is just going to call a Cover 3 defense.
The full video breakdown and written setup is below.
Playbook: Cincinnati Bengals (and many others with the bunch formation)
Formation: Gun Bunch
Play: Bengal Curl Flat
- Either leave the play as is
- Or you can put the left receiver on a slant and the running back on a streak
- First read is always the flat, it’s the safest
- You read the curl off of the flat as your second read
- Your last read is the running back on the streak route
Overview: This is a nice play to beat cover 3 but you shouldn’t over use it as it is a very simple concept and if you’re opponent is smart they will catch on.