In this Madden school tip, we are going over a money play that worked last year and is just as good in Madden 21!
It destroys every zone defense in the game and it can work nicely against man to man coverage as well.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: Arizona Cardinals
Formation: Gun Cluster HB Str
Play: Post Curls
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a streak
- Put your tight end on a drag route
- Block your running back
- (Optional) Double team the outside most pass rusher on the left
- Your primary read on this play is the B/circle receiver on the post route
- If he is covered, you just read between the A/X tight end on the drag and the Y/triangle receiver on the curl
Overview: This is one of the easiest and most effective plays in Madden 21. You have 3 guys who should get open against any zone defenses.
If your opponent takes away 1 of the options, you still have the other 2 who should get open.
Let’s take a look at this play in a little more detail!
This is how the pre-play setup should look right before you snap the ball.
You can see early on we have both the drag and the curl open underneath.
If we wait a little longer, we can see that our B/circle receiver is getting open a little deeper.
We make the catch for a big gain and a first down.