In today’s free Madden21 tip, we are going over a simple play that has lots of different options in Madden 21.
If you make your reads correctly, your opponents will have a very difficult time stopping this play.
Check it out below!
Playbook: Green Bay Packers
Formation: Gun Tight Doubles
Play: Mesh Spot
Setup 1: No Adjustments Needed
- The first read on this play is if your opponent is running manning coverage. If your Y/triangle receiver is lined up against a linebacker bullet pass to him as he breaks to the sideline.
- If your opponent is running zone look for your B/circle receiver to be left open in the middle of the field.
- If both of those routes are covered, look to check down and hit either your X/square receiver or your A/X tight end on a drag.
- Hot Route the X/square receiver to an out route
- The main read on this setup is your Y/triangle receiver as he gets wide open in the zone. Against cover 3 make sure to bullet pass and lead it back to you to avoid it getting broken up by the cornerback.
- If the zone drops and covers the Y/triangle receiver, pass to your X/square receiver on the out route.
Setup 3 (Outside Apprentice/Hot Route Master Needed):
- Motion your X/square (outside apprentice) to the left and hot route to a post. Motion back to the original spot.
- (Optional) Motion your A/X tight end to the left and hot route to an out route.
- The first read is your b/circle receiver left open in the middle of the field.
- Your second read is your Y/triangle receiver as he breaks to the sideline.
- Your third read is your X/square receiver on the deep post.
Overview: This play has so many options which makes it so effective against any defense. The B/circle receiver does a great job at finding the whole in zones which makes for easy completion.
The Y/triangle corner route has the capability of being a big play against man and zone coverage. The drags are great for easy completions. And the hot routed post opens up room for the B/circle receiver as well as potentially being a one play touchdown.