In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over a great play that you can add into your scheme in Madden 20. It has solid reads for every defense you will face.
Check it out below!
Playbook: Philadelphia Eagles
Formation: Singleback Wing Flex Close
Play: PA Boot Y Sail
- Put the A/X tight end on a curl route
- Put the RB/R1 tight end on a streak
- Put the X/Square receiver on a drag
- Block the running back
- The first read on this play is the X/Square receiver on the drag route
- If that is not there look for the A/X tight end on the curl route
- Finally, find the B/O receiver deep on the over route
Overview: This play will destroy zone coverage. As shown in the video the route combinations make it to where the B/O receiver is wide open even when the defense is playing over the top coverage. Also the drag and the curl route combo can be deadly against an opponent trying to user these routes.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the play art should look right before we snap the ball.
We notice right away that our receiver on the drag is open, but we want to let the play develop a little longer.
A little later on in the play, you can see that we have 3 receivers who are open but we decide to throw it to our receiver on the crossing route.
We make the catch with plenty of room to run.
And we walk into the endzone for a touchdown.
Enjoying our free tips? Sign up for Madden School Unlimited today!