You can never have too many plays that beat every coverage in Madden. In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over a nice money play to add to your scheme in Madden 20.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: New York Giants
Formation: Singleback Ace Slot
Play: Post Wheel Shallow
- Put the Y/Triangle tight end on a streak
- The first read on this play is the Y/Triangle tight end on the outside pass lead
- Then look for the B/O receiver on the wheel route
- If that is not there look for the X/Square receiver over the middle of the field
- Finally, if all else fails check down to the A/X tight end on the drag route
Overview: This play destroys Cover 3 defenses and beats Cover 2 as well with the same setup. The tight end on the streak is clearing the middle of the field for the X/Square receiver to be open. Then the wheel is open on the outside because the defense is being sucked in by the X/Square receiver’s route.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look right before you snap the ball.
We can see right away that our Y/triangle tight end is open against cover 3 defense.
But we also know that our B/circle receiver on the wheel route will get open against cover 3 as well. Notice how the defender who is in the purple zone sucks in to take away our X/square receiver on the post.
We lead pass to the sideline with no one around our receiver for an easy 15-20 yard gain.
Did you know our first Madden 20 ebook is already out? It features 40 plays out of 6 formations in the Baltimore Offensive playbook. It is available now exclusively to Madden School Unlimited members!