In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a really effective play from an always popular formation, Gun Bunch.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: Detroit Lions
Formation: Gun Bunch
Play: Post Corner Read
- Put the X/Square receiver on a drag
- Put the A/X Tight end on a streak
- Block the running back
- The main read on this play is the B/O receiver deep to the right
- If that is not there look for the X/Square receiver on the drag
- Then look for the RB/R1 receiver on the Post
- Finally, find the A/X Tight end on the streak
Overview: This play is highly difficult for the opponent to cover. This is because the opponent’s user has to be in multiple places at once to stop this play. The B/O receiver’s route is going to get behind the zone coverage, then the drag and post combo is great to attack the middle of the field.