In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a way to absolutely destroy any cover 3 defense in Madden 19. We have 2 reads against every common coverage so even if our opponent manually users something to take it away, we can still get 1 guy open.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Kansas City Chiefs
Formation: Gun Tight Slots
Play: PA Seam
- Put your Y/triangle slot receiver on a fade route
- Put your tight end on a slant route
- (Optional) Block your running back
- Your first look against cover 3 defenses is the Y/triangle receiver on the fade route (lead pass to the sideline)
- If he is covered, your X/square receiver on the crossing route gets open against any coverage
- You also have your tight end on the slant route
- Against cover 2, you can try to hit the B/circle receiver deep as well (lead pass to the inside).
Overview: This play is extremely dangerous because it is a 1 play touchdown against any cover 3 defense and has multiple reads for every other type of defense.