In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a really effective play in the Green Bay Packers offensive playbook.
Check it out below.
Playbook: Green Bay Packers
Formation: Gun Open Flex
Play: X Seam
- Put the B/O receiver on either an in route or a drag route
- Put the Y/Triangle running back on an out to the right
- Motion the X/Square receiver to the right
- Look over the middle of the field for the X/Square receiver
- If that is not there look for the RB/R1 receiver on the over route
- Then look for the B/O receiver on the drag route for a check down
- Finally find the Y/Triangle running back on the last check down
Overview: This play is an effective way to exploit Cover 2 defenses. However, this play will also work against other zone coverages as well. The X/Square receiver is going to take the cornerback on the left side of the screen out of the play leaving the RB/R1 receiver open.