In today’s free Madden 19 tip, we are going over a play that beats every common coverage in the game.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: New Orleans Saints
Formation: Gun Empty Y-Saint
Play: Y Stick
- Put the A/X tight end on a streak
- Put the RB/R1 receiver on a slant
- The first read on this play is the RB/R1 receiver on the slant route
- Then look for the Y/Triangle receiver on the post
- If that is not there look for the A/X tight end on the streak
- Next, look for the B/O receiver on the streak
- Lastly, if all else fails check down to the X/Square receiver on the smoke screen
Overview: This play has unique route combinations that can be used against any defense. The two streaks by the A/X tight end and the B/O receiver are going to serve two purposes on this play. They will be open for deep passes against Cover 2 style defenses and against other coverages they will free up space for the Y/Triangle receiver’s post, over the middle of the field.
On the left side of the field the X/Square receiver on the smoke screen will hold down zones leaving the RB/R1 receiver open on the slant pattern to the left side.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look right before you snap the ball.
You can see that we have a choice of which receiver to throw it to against this defense.
We throw it to our Y/triangle receiver on the post and make the catch for 15 yards.
Or get all of our Madden 19 ebooks for an entire year with Madden School Unlimited.