In this free Madden School tip, we are going over a play that beats both cover 2 and cover 4 defenses in Madden NFL 18.
Make sure to mix this up with other plays from the same formation to keep your opponent guessing.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Philadelphia Eagles
Formation: Gun Y Trips Offset WK
Play: PA Read
- Hot route your A/X receiver to a streak
- Hot Route B/O receiver to a slant
- Slide O-Line protection to the right
- Hot route your RB to pass protect
Reads Against Cover 2:
- Your first read is always your X/square receiver on the post. (You want to throw it once he has started the break on his post route, behind the TE on the streak.)
- If the opponent is usering his middle linebacker, and drops deep to cover the post, look to hit your B/O receiver on the slant.
Reads Against Cover 4:
- Your first read against cover 4 is going to be RB/R1 receiver on the crossing route.
- Your check down remains the B/O receiver.
Overview: This play beats both cover 2 and cover 4 defenses pretty effectively.
Let’s take a look at this play in more detail.
This is how the play art should look before you snap the ball.
You can see that we actually have a few receivers that will get open.
We catch the pass, resulting in a 30 yard gain and a touchdown.
Enjoying our free tips? You’ll love our Madden 18 eBooks. Check out the free previews at the links below.