In today’s Madden School tip, Mazin is back and going over a play he uses to convert once he gets inside the redzone in Madden 18.
Check out his full analysis below.
Playbook: West Coast (and many others)
Formation: Gun Bunch Wk
Play: Mesh Post
- Put the slot WR (A/X) on a curl route
- Smart Route the B/Circle WR
- Your first read is the tight end on the flat route
- If he is covered, look to the high/low read with the drag route and the post
- Your last read is to high pass to the receiver on the curl route
Overview: This has become a popular play in recent months, however know one really runs it down toward the goalline. It is a deadly play because you have multiple reads that can beat both man and zone, and you also have hot reads to both the TE and the HB.
The post and curl take advantage of something that translates in every Madden, high passes to big targets down toward the endzone.
Get our entire Madden 18 West Coast ebook (as well as our other ebooks) today by joining Madden School Unlimited!