In today’s free Madden 17 tip, we are discussing a way to beat cover 2 defenses in Madden 17.
You can check out our full breakdown below.
Playbook: Carolina Panthers
Formation: Gun Y-Trips TE Slot
Play: Four Verticals
- Put the X/Square on a slant route
- Motion in the RB/R1 receiver and hike it before he gets to the line
- The first read on the play is the RB/R1 receiver deep over the middle
- If this read is not there you have the X/Square receiver on the slant route
- Also, if these two reads fail check it down to the running back out of the backfield
Overview: This is not an every down play, however it can be a game changing play when you go to it during the right time. It will be most effective if sprinkled in once or twice a game.
You have three main reads on the play and if the opponent is in a cover 2 the RB/R1 receiver will usually result in a touchdown.