Today we are going over a way to beat cover 3 defenses in Madden 17. It takes a little bit of practice to get the timing down but you can add a play like this to your scheme to get your opponent out of cover 3.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Denver Broncos
Formation: Gun Snugs
Play: Bronco Seams
- Put the X/Square receiver on a drag route
- Put the Y/Triangle receiver on a fade route
- The first reads on the play are the Y/Triangle and A/X receivers
- The second read on the play is the B/O receiver
- The third read is the X/Square receiver on the drag
- The final check down is the running back out of the backfield
Overview: This play is designed specifically to beat Cover 3 defenses. The seam routes with the high pass leads are very difficult to defend in a Cover 3. If they do cover the streaks and the B/O receiver in a Cover 3 then the check down routes will be open for nice yards.