In this free Madden school video tip, we are going over a way to beat cover 3 and cover 4 defenses in Madden 17. This play is especially good when you need to get out of bounds to stop the clock.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Miami Dolphins
Formation: Gun Bunch Offset
Play: Deep Dig
- Put the Rb/R1 receiver on a drag route
- Put the X/square receiver on a streak route
- Put the Y/triangle receiver on a blocking assignment
- Move the B/O receiver over to the other side
- Your first read is the B/O receiver on the deep out route
- Your second read is the Rb/R1 receiver on the drag route
Overview: This is a great play used to get out of bounds. It will get you a good chunk of yards and works against both cover 3 and cover 4 defenses.