In today’s free Madden 17 tip, we are going over a blitz found in the Kansas City Chiefs playbook. If you want completely access to all of the best defenses from this playbook, check out our latest Madden 17 Kansas City Defensive eBook.
Playbook: Kansas City Chiefs
Formation: Big Dime 1-4-6
Play: DB Sting 2 Buzz
- Press Coverage
- Pinch LB’s
- Crash DL Down
- (For right side pressure) Blitz LOLB
- (Right left side pressure) Blitz ROLB
- (For double edge pressure) Globally blitz all LB’s
- (Optional) Start dropping guys on the opposite side of the OLB you choose to blitz for additional coverage
- (Optional) Hot route both safeties into Vert Hooks to protect against quick seam throws
- (Optional) Adjust coverage underneath to get a quick jam from your outside CB’s (but be aware that if you do this and adjust your safeties you are very vulnerable to over the top throws)
Overview: This setup is a great way to overload blitz a side against your opponent without tipping your blitz and also allowing yourself to be very flexible with your coverage on the back side since you are still covering the flats on both sides.
There are lot of steps above but only steps 1-3 are required, and then you basically choose from steps 4 and 5 and the rest are completely situational. Once you’re in the game you can do steps 1-5 without looking at anything and just focus on moving your safeties and adjusting your coverage and you can ultimately have this blitz setup in about 3-4 seconds.
Get all of our Madden NFL 17 ebooks by joining Madden School Unlimited today!