In today’s free Madden 17 tip, we are finishing up our Singleback Pair Tight Twins mini scheme. This play is great for 3rd and 5 situations when you really need a first down.
Check it out below.
Playbook: Indianapolis Colts
Formation: Singleback Pair Tight Twins
Play: Smash Drive
- Put the A/X tight end on a curl route
- Motion the X/Square receiver out to the left
- The main read is the X/Square receiver on the motion to the left
- The second read is the B/O receiver on the corner route
- The check down on the play are the curl route and the drag route
Overview: This play is very good for a 3rd and short or anytime you need short quick yards. The motion on the left side makes it to where the zones usually don’t play the route the way they should which results in the X/Square receiver being open for a quick pass.
Get all of our Madden 17 eBooks today by becoming a MS Unlimited member!