In this Madden 17 blitz breakdown we are going over a very simple way to bring edge pressure from both sides using the same play and still maintaining good coverage behind it.
Let’s take a look at how it works.
Playbook: Kansas City Chiefs
Formation: 3-4 Under
Play: FS Slant 3
Setup (Left side):
- Base Align
- Pinch your defensive line and crash them left
- (Optional) Put your defensive end on the right in a light blue zone
Setup (Right side):
- Base Align
- Shift your defensive line right and crash them down
Overview: The great thing about this setup is that you can bring pressure from either side of the formation from the same play.
Let’s break this play down a little further.
This is how the play art should look with the setup that brings heat from the left. Notice that in this setup, we are putting the defensive end on the right into a light blue zone. That is optional.
You see right away that our blitzing safety comes screaming off the left edge.
The play ends in a sack and a forced fumble.
Did you like this blitz? You will love our Madden 17 eBooks. Check out the 3 we have available at the links below.
- Madden 17 Seattle Offensive eBook
- Madden 17 Defensive Lockdown eBook
- Madden 17 Offensive Attack eBook
Or get all 3 of them and every other Madden 17 eBook we release the entire year by joining Madden School Unlimited.