In today’s Madden 22 tip, we are going over how to easily beat any cover 2 defense in Madden 22.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: Jacksonville Jaguars (and many others)
Formation: Gun Bunch Open Offset
- Make sure you are on the left hash mark
- Hot route your A/X receiver to a slant route
- Hot route your running back to a wheel route
- Against any cover 2 defense, your primary read is the B/circle receiver on the streak route. Lead pass to the sideline (see the video for exact timing)
- If it is any other zone defense, look to your running back on the wheel route
- Against man to man defense, read between your A/X receiver on the slant route and the X/square receiver on the deep in route
Overview: This play does a great job of beating any sort of cover 2 defense including Cover 2 sink, cover 2 hard flats, tampa 2, and zone blitzes.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look. Make sure you are on the left hash mark.
Right away we can see that our opponent is in a Cover 2 zone defense by peeking at the safety and corner back on the right side of the field. Lead pass up and to the sideline.
We make the catch with the safety not being able to get over to our receiver in time.
We are able to walk into the endzone for an easy touchdown.
Now, check out Madden School Unlimited where you get out best Madden 22 tips, strategy guides, and ebooks!