In this free Madden School tip, we are going over a play that absolutely destroys any kind of cover 2 or cover 3 defenses for 30-50 yards at a time. The best part is, it only uses 3 receivers!
We’ve got the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Jacksonville Jaguars
Formation: Gun Trips TE Offset
Play: PA Crossers
- Hot route your X/square receiver to a fade route
- (Optional) Block your tight end or put him on a drag route
- Against a cover 2 defense, the Y/triangle receiver will get wide open deep over the middle (lead pass up).
- Against a cover 3 defense, your B/circle receiver will get open (lead pass to the sideline).
- If you put your tight end on a drag route, he is a good bailout option.
Overview: This play is good for 30-50 yards against the 2 most common coverages in Madden 18. Make sure to read the coverage so you can make the right throw.
Let’s take a look at how this play develops against cover 2 defenses in Madden 18.
This is how the play should look right before you snap the ball. You can hot route your tight end or running back to routes if you want.
You can start to see right away why this play is going to work.
After you wait a little for the play to develop, the entire deep middle part of the field is wide open.
We make the catch with plenty of space.
And the play results in a touchdown.
Madden School Unlimited gets you access to every Madden 18 ebook we release and 1 year priority support!