EA Sports is making changes to franchise mode in Madden 21 via post-launch updates as well as in development for Madden 22.
These changes are a response to the #fixmaddenfranchise movement that was trending on social media after EA Sports revealed their plans for Madden 21’s franchise mode.
While most of these changes won’t make it into Madden 21 at launch, they will be updated into the game via title updates.
Let’s take a look!
- TUNING – Improved progression and regression of players. Improve core player progression into the future such that X-Factors and other abilities for older players work well with incoming rookie classes.
- COMMISSIONER TOOLS – See a more detailed summary below.
- AI PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT – The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft, free agency and trades.
- PLAYOFF and SUPER BOWL PRESENTATION – Improve and refresh.
- X-FACTOR / SUPERSTAR ABILITY CUSTOMIZATION – Introduce the ability to customize X-Factor and Abilities on all players, allowing you to customize your roster as you see fit.
- CAREERS STATS UI – Improved UI showing historical player performances. More immersion and depth on how players have progressed in your Franchise.
- TRADE LOGIC – More fidelity, depth, and authenticity.
- RETIREMENT UI – Better insight into retirements each season to allow players to react/manage.
- PLAYOFFS UPDATE – Add an authentic playoff bracket screen to see who’s in, who’s won and who’s up next.
Commissioner tools is a large bucket of items with a lot of opportunities and a lot of work. We see this as something we’ll continue to work on to give you more control over your Franchise in the year(s) ahead. For Madden NFL 21 and 22 we are looking at the following tools:
Commissioner Tools Priority Ranking
- Ability to undo transactions, reducing friction and control over player movement contracts and trades.
- Ability to approve trades.
- Ability to reset a game in case of a disconnect.
For Madden 22, EA is looking to have these changes and features in franchise mode.
- Coaching and staff management
- Scouting improvements
- New scenario engine enhancements
- New team chemistry system
- Commissioner Tools improvements
- MORE CONTENT – Examples: Relocation/Branding Assets for Franchise – New uniforms, names, and logos to relocation options for more variety and depth in deeper careers.
What do you think about the upcoming changes to franchise mode in Madden 21? Let us know in the comments!