Man to man defense seems to be here to stay in Madden 21, so you’ll need a bunch of different ways to beat it.
In this free Madden 21 tip, we are going over a really easy play that gets multiple options open against any sort of man coverage.
Check it out below!
Playbook: Denver Broncos
Formation: Gun Empty Base Flex
Play: Middle Hi Lo
- Hot route your X/square running back to a drag route
- Hot route your A/X tight end to a drag route
- Smart route your RB/R1 receiver
- Your first read is always the Y/triangle receiver deep
- If he is covered, look to your tight end on the drag
- Then look to your RB/R1 receiver on the quick post route
- Your final read is the X/square running back on the drag to the other side
Overview: This play can be incredibly hard to stop if your opponent refuses to get out of man to man coverage. We have 4 really good options all getting open at different times.
Here is a link to the low ball curl route concept we mentioned in the video.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the final play art should look right before you snap the ball.
We can see right away that our Y/triangle receiver is open along the sideline and we also have our RB/R1 receiver getting open in the middle of the field.
We throw it to the Y/triangle receiver and get an easy 30 yard gain.
Enjoying our free Madden 21 tips? Check out Madden School Unlimited today!