In this free Madden School tip, Mazin is back to go over one of his favorite plays in Madden 21.
It may not result in a touchdown every time, but if you make your reads correctly, it can be a nightmare to defend this play even if you know it’s coming.
Check out the full video analysis below!
Playbook: Run Heavy
Formation: Y Off Trio Wk
Play: Deep In
- Put the B/circle receiver on a slant route
- Put the tight end on a block and release flat route
- Put the slot receiver on a streak route
- Your first read is the slant route quick over the middle
- Your second read is the post route right out of the break
- Then you have a high low read with either the slant or post crossing the field, whichever route the opponent does not user
- Your final read is a low ball pass to the running back after he stops moving
Overview: This is one of my favorite plays in Madden, and I have posted its effectiveness for the last 4 years. The setup is slightly changed this year just to fit how the game plays, but it is just as deadly as in years past.
I like to have a slant to create a high low read with two crossing routes over the middle, so I can attack my opponents user and put them in a bind.
New to this year’s play is the added option of a low ball to the RB, as that route acts similar to a curl and cuts off the defender.