In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a nice zone beater you’ll want to add into your Madden 21 scheme.
Check out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Los Angeles Chargers
Formation: Gun Tight
Play: Slot Cross
- Motion the A/X tight end to the left
- Hot route the Y/triangle receiver to a fade route
- Hot route the X/square receiver to an out route.
- Your main read against zone coverage is the A/X tight end on the corner route.
- If the defense plays their zone drops deep, throw it to your X/square receiver underneath.
Overview: This play is a really good zone beater because without zone drops the corner or safety will not play deep enough to cover the corner route. The tight end starts the play by going toward the middle of the field so curl flat or cloud flat defenders don’t think anyone will go into their zone.