In today’s free Madden 21 tip, we are going over how to beat both cover 2 and cover 3 defenses with the same play.
Check out the full breakdown below!
Playbook: Green Bay Packers
Formation: Gun Pack Trips
Play: Slot Fade Shot
- Block the running back
- Put the A/X receiver on a streak
- Motion the X/Square receiver to the right and put him on a streak
- Put the B/O receiver on a drag route
- This play is mainly a two step read, initially look for the A/X receiver on the streak
- Then look for the RB/R1 receiver on the corner route
- If neither of those are there check down to the B/O receiver on the drag route
Overview: This play we are going over how to beat Cover 3 and Cover 2 defenses in one play for a touchdown. The RB/R1 receiver’s corner route is unique and will either hold down the outside third allowing the streak to be open, or it will beat a Cover 2 itself. As shown this play is a simple two step read with a drag as a check down.