In today’s free Madden School tip, we are going over how to attack cover 2 defenses in Madden 21.
Some people love to sit in that coverage all game and when they do, we can hit them with this play.
Check it out below!
Playbook: Arizona Cardinals
Formation: Gun Y Trips Wk
Play: Slot Fade
- Put the B/Circle receiver on a drag route
- Put the Tight end (Y/Triangle) on a streak route
- Put the X/Square receiver on a fade route
- Put the HB on a streak route
- Our primary read on this play is toward the TE (Y/Triangle) and the right-side slot WR (RB/R1). VS cover 2, we read the leverage of the right-side deep safety. If he is toward the hash, throw the fade. If he is toward the sideline, throw the seam.
- Our second read on this play that we can look at is the fade on the left side to X/Square. We only throw this against cover two, and we pass lead toward the sideline
- The third read on this play is a leverage read between the HB and our B/Circle receiver. We can either dump it off to B/Circle or throw the RB streak pass lead away from the defender leverage
Overview: This play absolutely cooks cover 2 and is a perfect play to call against opponents who sit in Tampa 2 all game. This is one of the meta defenses at this point in the year, and calling Slot Fade allows us to beat it all over the field.
Our primary read is on the right side, but we can also look to the left immediately after the snap if we recognize a cover 2 look. This is a perfect play to use in tandem with weak flood.
A couple days ago we went over another play from the same formation that you can use together and turn into a little mini-scheme. Check that out here Madden 21: Gun Y Trips Wk – Weak Flood.
Want our best Madden 21 tips and strategies? Join Madden School Unlimited today!