In today’s free Madden 20 tip, we are going over a play that destroys both cover 3 and cover 4 defenses.
Check out the full breakdown at the link below.
Playbook: Houston Texans
Formation: Gun Doubles HB WK
Play: Slot Post
- Put the B/O receiver on a streak
- Put the A/X tight end on a flat route
- (Optional) Put the X/Square receiver on a drag route
- (Optional) Block the running back
- Motion the Y/Triangle receiver to the right side of the screen
- The main receiver we are looking for on this play is the Y/Triangle receiver that we sent in motion
- If that is not there look for the A/X tight end in the flats
- Then look for the running back out of the back field
- Finally, find the X/Square receiver
Overview: This play will destroy Cover 3 and Cover 4 defenses. The streak by the B/O receiver will clear out the space for the Y/Triangle receiver to be wide open. This will force the opponent to manually cover the route that the RB/R1 receiver runs and that will leave everything underneath open.