In Stickwork’s first Madden 19 tip video, he is going over how a way to beat cover 3 defenses deep.
One of the keys to this play is to run it flipped so that you have a wide receiver running the deep post instead of the tight end.
Check it out the full breakdown below.
Playbook: Run & Gun
Formation: Gun Tight Flex
Play: PA Read (Flipped)
- Streak the X/Square receiver
- Put the B/O receiver on an out route and smart route him
- Drag the A/X tight end (optional)
- The main read is the Y/Triangle receiver on the deep post for a huge gain
- If that is not there look to check down to the A/X receiver on the drag route
- The final check down is the running back out of the back field
Overview: This is an extremely effective way to bomb Cover 3 zones. The out route pulls down the cornerback that is playing a deep third while the streak on the opposite side of the field holds the safety over the middle That leaves the Y/Triangle receiver wide open for a huge gain.
Let’s take a closer look at how this play works.
This is how the play should look right before you snap the ball.
We can see as the play develops that our receiver running the post route is going to get open. The receiver on the deep out route is holding the cornerback on the right side of the screen down closer to the line of scrimmage.
You can see just before we throw it, our receiver has all kinds of open room.
We make the catch for about a 50 yard gain.
Our first Madden 19 offensive ebook is now out and it has 11 chapters and 45 plays in it. Get instant access with Madden School Unlimited!