In today’s Madden School tip, we are going over a really effective concept that has a high/low read both on the right side of the field and in the middle of the field.
Check it out below.
Playbook: Denver Broncos
Formation: Gun Tight
- Put the X/Square receiver on a streak
- Put the B/O receiver on a drag route
- Put the running back on an out route to the right
- Motion the Y/Triangle receiver to the right side of the screen
- The first reads on this play are the B/O receiver and the running back out of the backfield
- If that is not there look to the A/X tight end on the corner route
- Then, progress to the Y/Triangle receiver deep over the middle
Overview: This is an effective base play that can be ran in any situation and against any defense. The route combinations attack all areas of the field which makes it nearly impossible for your opponent to stop this play.
Let’s break this play down in a little more detail.
This is the final play art right before we snap the ball.
Against this particular defense, we notice that our receiver on the drag gets open right away. We’ll always take that option if it is open.
When our receiver makes the catch, he has plenty of room to turn up field.
We are able to make a short 3 yard gain turn into 9 yards very easily.